Letting Agent: The 10 Killer Questions to ask any letting agent before appointing them
Make sure you ask these 10 questions before appointing a new letting agent!
1. Are you a member of a nationally recognised professional body and if so which one?
2. How many properties do you personally own?
3. What percentage of tenant’s deposit do you return as an average across the last year? And what is the biggest area of contention?
4. What’s your average void period across all the properties you manage and What occupancy rate do you run at?
5. What stock do you have available to let as an average, and how does it take to let that stock?
6. How many clients have you lost to a competitor over the last 12 months, and what was the principal reason for their defection?
7. Why should I instruct you rather than any other letting agent in this area?
8. How many tenants on your books are currently in arrears and what action do you take if a tenant falls behind?
9.How will you deal with maintenance requests and the general upkeep of my property
10. What exactly are your fees?
For more information on what questions you should be asking any letting agent when thinking about instructing them, please get in touch with Relo and we would be delighted to help you choose the best letting agent for you and your property, even if it isn’t us!